Wednesday, August 18, 2010

.





This summer has been a roller coaster of food experiments and self discovery, including a 3 month long raw foodist stint and becoming an excessive protein consuming gym rat for all of july. I'm currently trying to only eat the foods that make me feel good through trial and error. I find that this for me means lots of fruit and vegetables, lots of whole grains and carbs, sweet condiments like honey and fruit jams, moderate amounts of fish and poultry, very little dairy and absolutely no baked goods.

This morning I woke up craving sweets, I had a cup of mixed fruit with 1.5 slices of toast topped with margarine, blueberry and raspberry preserves.



My morning Americano ended up making my head spin so I wanted to eat something to counter the headache - the only thing I had with me was this Cool Mint Chocolate Chip Clif Bar. It's my least favourite Clif bar so far (tasted bitter) but definitely helped!



At approximately 11:30am, half an hour before my lunch break. This plate was unceremoniously plopped on my desk.



I wasn't hungry at this point but ate it anyway. Who can refuse a hot, steaming mini surprise pork bun?? Normally I would've just skipped lunch, but since SS and I were meeting our friend C for lunch before she leaves for Barcelona on exchange I decided to stick to something light and tasty. Beets are by far my favourite vegetable. I even managed to sneak in a hardboiled egg in my salad.



At around 3pm I started feeling hungry but didn't want to eat anything so I had a cup of black bean green tea. This stuff is amazing! It's 130 calories and has over 6g of protein and 3g of fibre.



I had wanted a big fruity salad for dinner but the commute home left me chilly so I had this big bowl of soup instead. There's a tablespoon of miso paste mixed in with 2 cups of tofu, fish balls and a few brussel sprouts, lots of seaweed with shirataki noodles. That plate hiding in the back is a piece of Angel Food cake my landlord insisted I try ... I did because I haven't had it since I was a little kid, and immediately remembered why. It's nasty and tastes like feet! Thank goodness for those brussel sprouts!

No comments:

Post a Comment