Friday, December 3, 2010

Are we there yet?

I really really really want this week to be over! 1 week in the grand scheme of things is not a lot, but some time to breath (and sleep) would be nice.

Yesterday I took the day off work to study at home and work on my investment pro forma project for Real Estate Finance.

Started the day off with a very unattractive yogurt bowl. The inhabitants were a chopped-up navel orange, some bran psylliums, blueberries, greek yogurt, and flaxseed meal.



Shortly after I had a mug of hot chocolate.



Then it was long, painful hours of studying until lunch. I ventured out of the house to pick up some fresh produce and also to get some air and witnessed a traffic accident! A man was standing in the street and a car backed into him, it was pretty scary because he wasn't moving and looked very unconscious. A fire truck, two cop cars, and TWO ambulances came shortly after ... I hope he is ok! It certainly put some perspective toward my day and I felt bad for complaining about exams ..

Lunch was a bowl of miso soup and a baked sweet potato.



I just popped a tater into the toaster oven before I went grocery shopping and it was nice and ready when I got home. Sliced in half and topped with cottage cheese.



This soup is choke-full of nutrients: 1 packet of miso paste, a big handful of spinach, and a big handful of dried seaweed.



Then I had a little more cottage cheese with chocolate peanut butter. I really like this combo, don't knock it til you've tried it!



More studying ensued ... I waited to get hungry for my usual afternoon snack but I guess sitting in a chair all day doesn't work up an appetite. I really needed a break from my desk though and fixed myself a snack plate even though I wasn't hungry at all. I don't feel too bad because it was all good stuff! Chopped cucumbers, carrots, orange bell peppers, and half an apple with tzatziki sauce and basil hummus (which I am OBSESSED with).



Then at 6:30 I was finally ready to eat a little something else. I had no idea what I wanted for dinner but somehow decided to recreate an eggplant parmesan recipe I came across on a blog a few days ago. Except I didn't have eggplant or parmesan so I used zucchini and mozzarella cheese. Baked the zucchini with tomato sauce, onions, and cheese in the toaster oven.



Really flavorful, but not filling at all. Since I had a skype meeting to attend in less than 5 minutes, I had more cottage cheese and peanut butter, threw in some frozen blueberries on top as an after thought and made the whole thing taste weird.



Fast forward to before bedtime and I was pretty hungry. A little bowl of greek yogurt, the last of my pom arils, a spoonful of coconut flakes, and bear saying goodnight!



ZZZZZZZZZ.

No comments:

Post a Comment