Sunday, January 23, 2011

PSMF - the end?

Right now I am sitting in a Blenz sipping a strawberry iced tea and munching on a mixed berry scone.



Last night I enjoyed this steak sandwich dinner ...



Along with more than my 1/4 share of this quadruple tiered cake ...



With good friends ..





The day prior, I gorged myself on scones ... it all started with this delicious blueberry cinnamon beast from cafe artigiano at 7am,



and also involved an orange and ginger from liberty tea merchant



and a chocolate chip variety



but that was only 3 of the nine purchased that day, yes nine. I'll spare you the nitty-gritty, but I essentially had a binge day. A bad one. In fact, by the time I got home from work I was in tears thinking I had undone all my hard work the previous week. This led to some really self-destructive thinking and behavior. At this point, I knew that I could not do another week of the PSMF. Under-eating I can deal with, but once that control is gone, I can't deal with the person left without clear boundaries. Another week of the PSMF would just encourage the restricting/binging cycle, and that cycle is exactly what brought me to this place.

So my journey with the PSMF ended after 13 days, at some point later in the week I'll post a full recap with my thoughts on the diet, the pros/cons, and what I would've done differently. I'd like to think that it wasn't a failure, since I made (almost!) the two week mark that Lyle recommended, and that it was a good learning experience.

Normal food tomorrow! I'm stocked up on carbs and fruit. Life can begin again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment