Friday, August 27, 2010

.



Trying to not feel like such a failure! Last night I didn't fall asleep until 1am (2 hours past my normal bedtime) because my stomach was grumbling and having to be in tip top mental condition for my first class tomorrow - I definitely didn't want a repeat of last night.

On the way home from work I decided to stop in Whole Foods since I didn't know there was one so close to where I lived! I was like a kid in a candy shop! So many natural, organic ingredients ... I really wanted to try them all. :) In retrospect, I shouldn't have gone there on an empty stomach because I wanted to buy EVERYTHING.

In the end I went home with 6 Luna Bars and 1 Clif Bar (Carrot Cake) because I haven't been able to find that one anywhere else. ($10) Two jars of MaraNara almond butter because they were buy 1 get 1 free! ($8) Unsweetened coconut flakes (hunger impulse), organic walnuts and guar gum rounded out my bill to close to $30. YIKES. I could've done a lot worse though, I was drooling at the smoked salmons for a while but decided there was absolutely no way I could fit that in my fridge.

The stop at Whole Foods made me so cold that by the time I got home all I could think about was that 1/3 kabocha squash left over from earlier this week. I microwaved it while making tomorrow morning's breakfast cookie (obsessive-compulsive is I, the same breakfast 3 days in a row!) and topped it with 2 tsp of almond butter and 1 heaping tsp of coconut flakes.



I can see how some people eat kabocha as a dessert! It's so buttery and sweet. The addition of this unplanned dinner brings my daily total to over 1500 though. :( With no exercise today, that's maintainence which means 1 day wasted. The worst part is that I know tomorrow will be a high day since BF and I have dinner planned at a pizza restaurant! Guess I'll skimp through meals tomorrow ..

No comments:

Post a Comment