Friday, September 24, 2010

Annd ..... FINISHED!

The 3rd day was arguably the easiest day just because I could see the end so clearly! That being said it was also the day which I deviated from the sample menu the most.

The plan:

Breakfast: 1 slice of toast, 1 oz cheddar cheese, 1 apple
Lunch: 1 slice of toast, 1 hardboiled egg
Dinner: 1 cup tuna, 1 cup carrots, 1 cup broccoli, 1 cup melon, 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream

I swapped Breakfast and Lunch around so I could have the egg in the morning.
But first started with 1/2 of the apple.



Really didn't feel like hardboiling the egg before going to work, so I decided to just make french toast. That involved a little cheating in the form of a tiny splash of almond milk, and a generous spread of (reduced sodium and fat) margarine.



Subbed the toast for 13 crackers with 13 slices of cheddar cheese. It was a fun lunch to eat at the office and surprisingly filling.



Not pictured here is an afternoon snack of the other half of the apple, the half cup of cantaloupe with two tbsps of greek yogurt on top.

I made a stop at the grocery store on the way home and was famished by the time I stepped in the door! Guess that lunch wasn't as hearty as it felt because my head felt dizzy and I could barely carry what wasn't even a particular heavy load of produce. (I pride myself on the fact I routinely carry several cantaloupes and kabochas home from work)

Thank goodness dinner just involved opening a can of tuna! I boiled some broccoli spears and sliced a carrot. I saw a recipe for broccoli salad earlier during the day and really wanted some so I made a dressing out of miracle whip/apple cider vinegar (just a splash)/ and a drop of honey. I also opened a can of beets to add a few slices in addition to a handful of raisins.

This might have been the best dinner I have ever had.



Not even going to hide the fact that I licked the bowl clean.



I had a group meeting for my 486R Leadership and Management class and when I had to leave at 8:30 I wasn't hungry, but after the afternoon's weak spell I didn't want to take any chances so I had a foolproof snack of half a banana and a tsp of almond butter.



It was a good thing that I did because our meeting went all the way until 1am. Yikes! By the time I got home I was starving (again) but was too tired to eat.

So the results since yesterday:

Weight: -0.8lb
Body Fat %: unchanged
Water %: +0.4%

Overall, after 3 days:

Weight: -2.8lb
Body Fat %: -0.4%
Water %: +1.4%

I'm not sure whether these results will last, but after tracking my fat and water% I'm skeptical that the weight I lost was water weight. I've been drinking 10 cups of water a day in addition to multiple cups of tea. (And while some believe that tea dehydrates you, it has been proven that the net water intake from drinking a cup of tea is positive) I will follow up with results on Monday and see if I end up gaining all of the weight back after 3 days of normal eating.

Now it's time to get back to the grind and do some serious case studying.

No comments:

Post a Comment