Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Day 2

Another day of this 3 day diet is over!

The prescribed menu was

Breakfast - 1 egg, 1 slice of toast, 1/2 banana
Lunch - 1 slice of toast, 1 cup cottage cheese or 1 cup tuna
Dinner - two hot dog franks, 1 cup broccoli, 1/2 cup carrot, 1/2 banana, 1/2 cup ice cream

My modifications:

Half a banana eaten upon waking up (I think I may have set a record for taking the longest time to eat a banana)



And then a slice of toast with a scrambled egg. I added dill weeds to the egg (allowed) and a tsp of low-cal margaine to the bread (not allowed).



For lunch, instead of the toast I packed 1 and 1/2 serving of kashi whole grain crackers which I ate with half a cup of tuna mixed with dijon mustard.



Had lunch in the Japanese gardens. So peaceful!



I topped the first cracker with tuna, and then decided to just eat everything separately.



Since I was supposed to have a full cup of tuna/cc. I decided to allot the remaining 1/2 of cc to an afternoon snack, which I had with the other half of the banana. It was a really bizarre combo that I'm not sure I'd try again.



Dinner was 1 chicken sausage, 1 cup carrot (instead of 1/2) and 3 cup of broccoli (!!!) instead of 1. No one ever got fat by eating too much broccoli. (Or I certainly hope not)



And I had originally planned on having the ice cream before bed, but really craved fruit so decided to go with my cravings and had 1/4 of a cantaloupe with a tbsp of cottage cheese.



This is the second time that I've attempted the 3 day diet, and I have to say that it's a lot easier this time than way back in January when I first tried it. The main reason is because canned tuna and cottage cheese are two of my grocery staples but back in the day I couldn't stand the taste of either. When I finished the 3 day diet the first time around I gorged myself on chocolates and cheesecake the day after and gained every pound back, but right now all I crave is a big bowl of oatmeal and some mango! I'm in a much healthier frame of mind than 8 months ago!

So far, the results of day 1.

Weight: Down 0.8 lbs.
Body Fat: Down 0.2%.
Water content: Up 0.8%.

1 comment:

  1. wow! congrats on sticking to your diet and even making it healthier. LOL at "No one ever got fat by eating too much broccoli. "!!!!! made me laugh. where did u get this scale?? i want one........ =)

    ReplyDelete