Friday, September 10, 2010

Why can't everyone wake up at 5:30?

Happy Friday! This week has just flown by!

Last night I came back from my walk later than I expected and couldn't concentrate on reading my textbook. I finally decided to call it a day when I read the same sentence for what seemed like the twelfth time.

So this morning I woke up half an hour earlier (5:30) and read before my run. I think I've discovered my happy studying time! It was still dark out and perfectly silent in the house and my mind was really clear and focused. I was also in a much better mood heading out for my run. The only thing with waking up earlier is that I get hungry earlier! My stomach complained throughout my entire 20minute jog and I knew I needed something very filling for breakfast.

Oatmeal!



I had most of a very ripe cantaloupe sitting in the fridge and was really looking forward to a smoothie. However, with my roommates still asleep and the fact that it was only 6:45 I decided not to be thoughtless and had my usual cantaloupe + cottage cheese + strawberry combo instead. Oatmeal today was 1/3 cup of oats, 1 medium ripe banana, lots of cinnamon, 1 tsp of honey, and 2/3 cups of almond milk. 1/3 cup of pumpkin granola on top for crunch and some AB on the spoon. Delicious and I am perfectly satisfied now! While I sipped on a mug of peach ginger tea a piece of chocolate maaay have found its way into my mouth ... unphotographed!



Lunch today is the delicious second half of last night's sandwich.



With a daddy + baby plum combo for dessert.



I have a bunch of chores to do this morning in addition to trying to get this weekend's reading done before noon. The BF and I have been wanting to make our own pizzas for a while now and I'm really excited that tonight is finally the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment