Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Happy Hump Day!

This week feels like it has neither beginning nor end and with all the stress of homework and assignments starting to pile up, I'm paying extra attention to nourishing myself with yummy (yet healthy) eats.

Now I don't need a reason to wake up early, but today's breakfast could've roused the sleepiest of sleepers.

French toast topped with maple cinnamon apples!



I soaked a slice of sprouted grain Flax bread with 1/4 cup egg whites and 1/4 cup almond milk. Egg whites leave your toast soggier than whole eggs so it's perfect paired with a dense, hard gluten-free breads. After margarine-ing the toast, I added a quarter of a diced peeled apple which was softened in the microwave, sprinkled with cinnamon and drizzled the entire thing with lite maple syrup. Paired with a side of honeycrisp, this definitely satisfied my morning sweet tooth!



Lunch was cheese and crackers. It never looks like more than a snack, but this lunch is calorically dense and very satisfying. I have found my soul mate in Kashi TLC Honey Sesame crackers! The added touch of honey makes these even more addictive than their original 7-grain predecessors.


I didn't take a picture of my afternoon snack because I ate it during a lecture and whipping out a camera to snap a picture of my yogurt seemed pretentious. So I implore you to use your imagination and think of half a diced apple covered in honey greek yogurt.

By the time I got home from my afternoon meeting, my stomach was rumbling like crazy! Luckily I had leftover broccoli salad with last night and I threw in a can of tuna for protein.



I eat far too many cans of tuna for my own good and am trying to cut back. But it's just so delicious and easy and goes with so many things! I am trying to keep the next few days tuna-free so we'll see how that goes!



I pre-made all of tomorrow's eats since it's a workday. See you all tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment