Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Simplicity

I used to turn to food for comfort when life got stressful. It was during my raw foodist period that I discovered that food was just another method of procrastination and that I think so much clearer when I stick to simple, healthy meals.

This morning I had a bowl of cantaloupe with a tbsp of cottage cheese while reading over some notes.



A light breakfast of toast w/ margarine and 1 scrambled egg.



Tuna Salad + Crackers for lunch at the office.



More cantaloupe and cottage cheese for an afternoon snack.



Dinner was a chicken sausage with broccoli-carrot-beet salad.



Love this salad combo, esp with a sprinkle of raisins for some added sweetness.



Since I discovered the convenience of homemade iced coffee, it has become my go-to study snack. I mix 1 tsp of decaf with the regular stuff just so I don't end up staying up until 2am.



Something sweet before bed, 1/4 cup pumpkin with 1/4 cup honey greek yogurt. Sprinkle on some cinnamon and it's like liquid pumpkin pie. Mmm.



Tomorrow is going to be a long and stressful day! A meeting before class AND after class so I will probably be on campus from 8 - 6. It's rough knowing that there's no break in sight (weekend classes all this weekend followed by the impending doom of MIDTERMS!!!!) but I'm just going to make sure I stay healthy, well-rested, and keep everything else simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment