Friday, October 29, 2010

Barely hanging in there ...

Happy Friday before Halloween everyone! It seems like everyone is going out tonight and doing exciting things and I'm tempted to do something fun myself! Because of midterms and projects I haven't had time to plan a costume and thinking about stressing over that aspect alone is enough to deter me from venturing into the outside world. We'll see what happens!

This morning started with half an apple, some grapes, and a blob of hummus for dippin'.



It was enough to tide me over until my morning smoothie. I'm not a fan of the eat 6 meals throughout the day simply because it's hard for me to stop eating. When I eat small meals I am never hungry nor full (which is supposed to be great for your metabolism) but I just end up thinking about food all day and overeating.



At around 11:30 I needed a snack so I ate this banana.



And finally the rice krispie square that I've been meaning to eat for 2 days! The Blenz rice krispie square was definitely better ... this one tasted too sweet and artificial.



At that point I decided I might as well just have the 2/3 of leftover S'mores Luna bar and just call it my lunch so I could save the package of Myoplex lite for another day.



It wasn't enough of a lunch to sustain me though and during the middle of my 1pm class my stomach was growling. I ended up drinking the chocolate peanut butter shake after all but didn't catch a picture. It tasted pretty much the same as the chocolate cream with a small hint of peanut butter flavor.

On the way home I stopped by blockbuster and impulsively picked up a package of M&Ms with pretzel centers. Chocolate and Yogurt covered pretzels are my one true weakness. Something about the sweet/salty combo just makes them irresistible to me and I knew I had to exercise portion control before it got out of hand. I put 1/4 cup (1 serving) in a little container and ate half of them. The only thing that stopped me from eating the other half was the knowledge that BF was coming over soon and I wanted to be hungry for dinner.



Plenty of candy in the house + wine in the foreseeable future is never a good mix for me. Let's hope I pull through tonight with minimal damage.

No comments:

Post a Comment