Monday, October 11, 2010

I am thankful for ...

Eating out of bowls!

It's probably the Asian in me, but I love days where I eat every meal from a bowl. Comforting and easy to eat, bowls are great for eating in bed, on the couch, and pretty much anywhere plates are not. I had this bowl of Apple granola cereal in the morning.



And after a long group meeting (which went from 10 - 1:30) I satisfied my smoothie craving with a SIAB! (Smoothie in a bowl) In this guy was 1 large frozen banana, a big handful of spinach, a scoop of chocolate protein powder, a splash of almond milk, 4 ice cubes, and a pinch of guar gum. (for thickness) It ended up being thick and soupy.



For dinner the BF and I made chicken penne in the most surprisingly delicious homemade sauce. Neither of us thought it would turn out very well because we had to sub low-fat margarine for butter and wholewheat pancake mix in place of flour but it ended up being super creamy and flavorful.



Dessert was a bottle of Chardonnay with some chili chocolate.



And then a bottle of Shiraz with some cheese.



Needless to say, I woke up on Sunday morning with a bit of a headache. Nothing a hot cup of tea couldn't fix! Unfortunately my day started with a bit of a credit fraud fiasco and we had to drive to my bank to sort out some paperwork. We made the best of the situation there though and picked up some thanksgiving treats for later.

I had my breakfast at around noon ... a bowl of cereal with chopped figs. Can't believe I have never tried a fresh fig until now! I'm a believer ...



Then in lieu of lunch we decided to just have dessert. A slice of pumpkin pie with ample amounts of drumstick ice cream (which had pieces of drumstick, fudge, and peanuts).



For our thanksgiving dinner turkey had to be involved. Half a pound of ground turkey and some other misc ingredients were combined to form these beautiful turkey patties!



George Foreman'd to perfection.



Served on a whole wheat bun with a side of sweet potato fries. (This was actually BF's plate ... my burger wasn't as pretty and I'd already eaten most of the fries on my plate. Oink.)



All things considered, I'm really thankful to have shared Thanksgiving with someone special! I know for a lot of out-of-province students, Thanksgiving was that painful weekend right before midterms when all the roomies went back home for turkey dinners in front of a warm fireplace and you were left with an empty apartment, some finance review questions, and some frozen T&T dumplings. I am extremely lucky to be where I am right now and should remind myself so more often! :) Hope everyone else had a great Thanksgiving as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment