Saturday, November 13, 2010

Giving in to cravings?

Yesterday morning began with an apple pear and a yogurt.



And since I had gone grocery shopping (finally) the day before, I added a LOT of spinach into my smoothie. So much that it turned out too big to fit into any of my cups so I ate it out of this HUGE tupperware container.



Breakfast: 366 calories

I kept lunch simple with a Sunflower butter + Blueberry Jelly sandwich on Ezekiel cinnamon raisin bread and some grapes & carrots.



Love this combo!



Lunch: 397 calories

For the past week I had been craving a cinnamon roll and I finally decided to just nip it in the bud and eat one. I picked out the smallest one from the faculty cafe and saved it for my afternoon snack. Def hit the spot! Even though this guy was small, (weighed under 120g) every single nutritional stat I found on the web was quite high so I ended up using the stats for the Ikea cinnamon roll. That one is slightly lighter but has frosting so I'm guessing it's a good call.



Afternoon snack: 400 calories (not sure it was worth it in retrospect! could've had 2 cups of ice cream ...)

Since I had to jet off to a group meeting, my massive snack completely ruined my hunger for dinner but I had some anyway.

Greens + Red (this was a little too much hot sauce in retrospect)



A chocolate truffle myoplex light. I'm still amazed by how the chocolate ones get SO thick compared to the vanilla.



Which sparked a craving for frozen yogurt, so I went with it, a 1/2 cup serving.



Dinner: 320 calories

This was the environment that I had to work in!!!



I exercised IMMENSE self-control and only had 1. If you hate me, invite me over to your house for 5 hours and place a giant bowl of chocolate in front of me.



We worked well into the night and since ice cream isn't very filling I started to get hungry.

I had 1/2 a Luna bar (unpictured) and a couple handfuls of edamame beans.



Emily to the rescue with dubliner (my fav cheese!!!) and apple slices! I had about 1/2 an apple and 2 slices of cheese.



And a hot chocolate (which wasn't so necessary, I'll admit, but it sure kept me warm and awake!)



Dessert & Late-night snacking: 355 calories

Total: 1838 calories (went over!!!! darn cinnamon roll, it was completely your fault!!!)

Today I'm spending the majority of my day (probably until 5) with the group finishing up the case, and then it's date night!!! Can't wait. :D

1 comment:

  1. that cinny roll looks so gooooooooooood.

    It must be pretty harsh to have intense choco cravings. I'm pretty thankful I don't have much of a sweet tooth ..but I definitely have intense cravings for HIGH SALTY FOODS..

    Congrats on eating only one wondur bar. I Have a box of 125 chocos in my house and have no desire to eat it.. haa

    ReplyDelete