Thursday, December 9, 2010

Cookies & Chocolate

Today marked the third exam in a row. My brain seemed to have adjusted to the early mornings and I woke up at 3:53am, an hour and 7 minutes before my alarm was supposed to go off!

Since I was up, I thought I might as well just study. Had half a pear and a bottle of guava-aloe juice to wake me up.



Time passes by sooo quickly when you actually don't want it to! Before long, it was time to get ready to leave. I pre-made breakfast the night before in this jar of sunflower butter. (and yes I am super proud of myself for finishing two nut butter jars in 1 week!) Overnight oats consisting of 1/3 cup oatmeal, a heaping tsp of flaxseed meal (for omega-3s!), 1/3 cup almond milk, and half a scoop of chocolate protein powder. There was about a tbsp of sunflower butter left on the bottom of the jar too. I added a 1/4 cup of granola and blueberries after this photograph.



Right after breakfast, I had 1 slice of apple with 3 cheddar cheese crumbles and a tiny blob of jam. Don't ask why. It just happened.



Then it was time for my last written exam! It was a lot harder than I thought it would be, and from talking to classmates after the exam, they all had it equally as rough. I was just so happy to be done with exams to care though, and went off to work in a very tired, but elated state of mind!

I'm super glad I packed a good lunch today. By the time I got to work I was starving and ate this whole thing in under 10 minutes. A spinach salad with orange slices and honey goat cheese.



A cranberry goat cheese, smoked ham, and zucchini sandwich.



A coworker made the BEST mini gingerbread cookies for work! They were so great, I had two for dessert.



And then another with her homemade mint chocolate icing.



I had trouble keeping my eyes open at work, and decided to get a full-strength coffee for my afternoon break. Paired with a piece of dark chocolate (x2)



Followed by a quarter of a chocolate pretzel bar.



Followed by another gingerbread cookie! I couldn't help myself, tired + happy + endless snacking.



And believe it or not, I walked into the smell of DELICIOUS shortbread cookies. My landlord baked the fluffiest, butteriest shortbread cookies I had ever had. I only had a half though, since I was pretty cookie-d out.



And skipped dinner in lieu of something lighter and with more nutrients. Carrot sticks with hummus, green grapes, and 1/3 of an apple with cottage cheese.



And some more cottage cheese with a big glob of chocolate almond butter.



And now I can barely keep my eyes open, but want to stay up for as long as possible so I can get my sleep schedule back to normal! After a nice long rest, I'm pretty sure tomorrow will be less snacky.

No comments:

Post a Comment